Dermatitis is a general medical term referring to any inflammation of the skin. Diagnosis and treatment usually requires a more definitive diagnosis as to the type of dermatitis and any underlying cause. For example, types and causes may include contact dermatitis, exfoliative dermatitis, perioral dermatitis, and seborrheic dermatitis. Many skin conditions may cause forms of dermatitis: eczema, psoriasis, and many other causes of rash.
- Seborrheic dermatitis: Seborrheic dermatitis, commonly known as “dandruff”, is a skin inflammation (dermatitis) that results in various skin symptoms, including the characteristic
... More on Seborrheic dermatitis »
- Eczema: Eczema is a chronic skin condition causing recurring rashes. The skin rashes are often blistery, weeping, crusting, scaling and itchy
... More on Eczema »
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is a chronic skin disorder causing dry patchy skin rashes. The skin rashes may appear as dry, scaly, silvery
... More on Psoriasis »
- Inflammation: Inflammation, or an inflammatory reaction, refers to a body process involving various substances that attempt to repair damage. An inflammation
... More on Inflammation »
- Rash: The causes of a rash on the skin are many. There are literally hundreds and it can take some time
... More on Rash »
Related Disease Topics
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.