Misdiagnosis of Diabetic Gastroparesis
Gastroparesis is a paralysis of certain stomach nerves which causes a variety of digestive issues. Various other disorders can cause similar symptoms and need to be considered.
- Diabetic Diarrhea
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Crohn’s Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Carcinoid of Digestive Tract
- Colon Cancer
- Celiac Disease
- Gastroparesis (other non-diabetic causes)
- Intestinal Paralysis
- Intestinal Obstruction
Other Causes of Gastroparesis: Diabetes is not the only cause of gastroparesis, and in fact, is not the most common cause of gastroparesis. Caused related to the stomach muscles are also possible. Read more about: Diagnosis of Gastroparesis.
Not Diabetic Gastroenteritis: Note that “diabetic gastroparesis” is a real complication of diabetes, whereas “diabetic gastroenteritis” is not really a valid medical complication, although a person can of course have both diabetes and gastroenteritis at the same time.
• • •
Back to: « Diabetic Gastroparesis
Related Misdiagnosis Articles
- Chronic Digestive Disorders Misdiagnosis
- Crohn’s Disease Misdiagnosis
- Ulcerative Colitis Misdiagnosis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome Misdiagnosis
- Diabetes Misdiagnosis
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.