Pyuria is the name for pus in the urine. The cause is usually some type of bacterial urinary tract infection within the urinary tract: kidney infection, bladder infection, or other UTI. Pyuria has pus in the urine, which causes cloudy urine and usually smelly urine. Pyuria needs to be distinguished from other substances in the urine (e.g. proteinuria) and other causes of cloudy urine or smelly urine.
• • •
Back to: « Pyuria
- Urinary Tract Infection: Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) is a general term for various infections of the organs of the urinary system. This may
... More on Urinary Tract Infection »
- Kidney Symptoms: Kidney symptoms, also called renal symptoms, are symptoms of the two kidneys inside the lower abdomen. They are part of
... More on Kidney Symptoms »
- Cloudy urine: Cloudy urine refers to urine that has a cloudy visual appearance. The most common cause is a Urinary Tract Infection
... More on Cloudy urine »
- Proteinuria: Proteinuria refers to abnormal levels of protein in the urine. This is typically a sign of a kidney disorder, leading
... More on Proteinuria »
- Urine: Urine is the liquid waste substance excreted by the body. It is produced by the kidneys, sent to the bladder
... More on Urine »
Related Disease Topics
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.