What conditions and diseases is Avandamet used for the treatment or management of?
What are the active ingredients of Avandamet?
The active ingredients in Avandamet include:
What class of drug is Avandamet?
Avandamet belongs to the class of drugs:
- Peroxisome Proliferator Receptor gamma Agonist
- Peroxisome Proliferator-activated Receptor Activity
- PPAR gamma
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Tablet forms from suppliers in the USA:
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
Avandamet Information Guide
Avandamet is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of:
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Avandamet include:More Diseases »
How is the dosage of Avandamet calculated?
Only a health professional is qualified to work out the dosage of Avandamet. The dosage needs to be determined depending on a variety of factors including:
- Starting Dose
- Dose Titration
- Maximum Dose
- Specific Patient Populations
What warnings or precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Avandamet?
Some of the warnings and precautions that need to be noted when considering Avandamet for use, include the following:
- Lactic Acidosis
- Cardiac Failure
- Major Adverse Cardiovascular Events
- Weight Gain
- Hepatic Effects
- Macular Edema
- Hematologic Effects
- Vitamin B12 ...
Would taking Avandamet interfere with other drugs or medications I may be taking?
Some of the interactions are listed below. Avandamet may interact with the following so this needs to be taken into consideration when considering the use of this drug:
- Drugs Metabolized by Cytochrome P450
- Cationic Drugs
- Drugs That Produce Hyperglycemia
What are the possible side-effects (adverse effects or unintended effects) of taking Avandamet?
Some of the possible side-effects or adverse reactions may include effects such as:
- Rosiglitazone + Metformin
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Back pain
- Viral infection
- Arthralgia ...
What are the inactive ingredients in Avandamet?
The inactive ingredients contained in Avandamet are:
- Hypromellose 2910 (3 mpa.s)
- Lactose monohydrate
- Magnesium stearate
- Cellulose, microcrystalline
- Polyethylene glycol 400
- Povidone k29
- Sodium starch glycolate type a potato
- Titanium Dioxide
- Ferric oxide red
- Ferric oxide yellow
Product Formulation Information: Avandamet
- Diabetes: Diabetes is a metabolic disease where the body loses the ability to properly process sugars (glucose). The full medical name
... More on Diabetes »
- Type 2 Diabetes: Type 2 Diabetes is the most common form of diabetes and the less severe of the two most common forms
... More on Type 2 Diabetes »
- Type 1 Diabetes: Type 1 Diabetes is also known as Juvenile Diabetes and its full medical name is Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Mellitus (IDDM)
... More on Type 1 Diabetes »
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis: Diabetic ketoacidosis (also called DKA) is an extremely dangerous complication of undiagnosed or poorly-controlled diabetes. Diabetes causes a build
... More on Diabetic Ketoacidosis »
- Hyperglycemia: Hyperglycemia (high blood glucose) is a symptom with several causes, but it is the classic effect from diabetes. Hyperglycemia refers
... More on Hyperglycemia »
- Diabetes Pills: Diabetes pills are mostly used to treat Type 2 Diabetes, the most common type of Diabetes. Type 1 Diabetes (Juvenile Diabetes)
... More on Diabetes Pills »
- Metformin Hydrochloride: Metformin hydrochloride extended - release tablets are used to improve the glycemic (blood sugar) control of individuals with type 2 diabetes
... More on Metformin Hydrochloride »
- Peroxisome Proliferator Receptor gamma Agonist: Peroxisome Proliferator Receptor gamma Agonist is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Peroxisome Proliferator Receptor gamma Agonist »
- Peroxisome Proliferator-activated Receptor Activity: Peroxisome Proliferator-activated Receptor Activity is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Peroxisome Proliferator-activated Receptor Activity »
- PPAR gamma: PPAR gamma is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on PPAR gamma »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.