Cafergot (Ergotamine Tartrate and Caffeine)
What conditions and diseases is Cafergot used for the treatment or management of?
What are the active ingredients of Cafergot?
The active ingredients in Cafergot include:
- Ergotamine Tartrate
What class of drug is Cafergot?
Cafergot belongs to the class of drugs:
- Ergotamine Derivative
- Central Nervous System Stimulant
- Central Nervous System Stimulation
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Tablet forms from suppliers in the USA:
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
Cafergot Information Guide
Cafergot is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of:
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Cafergot include:More Diseases »
How is the dosage of Cafergot calculated?
Only a health professional is qualified to work out the dosage of Cafergot. The dosage needs to be determined depending on a variety of factors including:
- Maximum Adult Dosage
Drugs may have a number of warnings associated with their use. What are the warnings regarding the use of Cafergot?
Some of the warnings are below. Any use of Cafergot needs to heed warnings surrounding the following:More Warnings »
What precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Cafergot?
Some of the precautions need to be noted when considering Cafergot for use in particular situations such as the following:
- Drug Interactions
- CYP 3A4 Inhibitors (e.g. Macrolide Antibiotics and Protease Inhibitors)
- Teratogenic Effects
- Pregnancy Category X
- Nonteratogenic Effects ...
Would taking Cafergot interfere with other drugs or medications I may be taking?
Some of the interactions are listed below. Cafergot may interact with the following so this needs to be taken into consideration when considering the use of this drug:More Interactions »
What are the inactive ingredients in Cafergot?
The inactive ingredients contained in Cafergot are:
- Ferrosoferric oxide
- Ferric oxide red
- Magnesium stearate
- Cellulose, microcrystalline
- Polyethylene glycols
- Polyvinyl alcohol
- Sodium starch glycolate type a potato
- Titanium Dioxide
- Ferric oxide yellow
Product Formulation Information: Cafergot
- Migraine: Migraine refers to a chronic headache condition, which usually recurs over time. Migraines vary with people, ranging from a headache
... More on Migraine »
- Aura: An aura refers to a set of symptoms occurring before another condition such as a migraine or epileptic seizure. It
... More on Aura »
- Headache: Everyone is familiar with a simple headache, which is annoying but disappears after a few hours. There are many other
... More on Headache »
- Ergotamine Tartrate and Caffeine: Ergotamine Tartrate and Caffeine is a generic drug that has a variety of different formulations...(null)(null)
... More on Ergotamine Tartrate and Caffeine »
- Ergotamine Derivative: Ergotamine Derivative is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Ergotamine Derivative »
- Ergotamine: Ergotamine is an active ingredient of a number of drugs and medications(null)(null)
... More on Ergotamine »
- Central Nervous System Stimulant: The brain and the spinal cord act as a central collection point for nerve impulses, and are called the central
... More on Central Nervous System Stimulant »
- Central Nervous System Stimulation: Some types of drugs are useful in medicine because they stimulate the central nervous system and reduce tiredness and increase
... More on Central Nervous System Stimulation »
- Methylxanthine: Methylxanthines are a class of drugs. One use of this class of drugs is as a bronchodilator for treating asthma
... More on Methylxanthine »
- Xanthines: Caffeine is an example of a Xanthine. Xanthines are a group of drugs that can produce significant behavioral effects on
... More on Xanthines »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.