What conditions and diseases is Deferoxamine Mesylate used for the treatment or management of?
What are the active ingredients of Deferoxamine Mesylate?
The active ingredients in Deferoxamine Mesylate include:
- Deferoxamine Mesylate
What class of drug is Deferoxamine Mesylate?
Deferoxamine Mesylate belongs to the class of drugs:
Drugs with this Active Ingredient
The drugs that contain this as an active ingredient include:More Drugs »
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Injection forms from suppliers in the USA:
- Deferoxamine Mesylate Injection by Hospira, Inc.
- Deferoxamine Mesylate Injection by Barr Laboratories Inc.
Deferoxamine Mesylate Information Guide
Deferoxamine Mesylate is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of Iron Chelator.
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Deferoxamine Mesylate include:More Diseases »
What precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Deferoxamine Mesylate?
Some of the precautions need to be noted when considering Deferoxamine Mesylate for use in particular situations such as the following:
- Drug Interactions
- Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility
- Pregnancy Category C
- Nursing Mothers
Product Formulation Information: Deferoxamine Mesylate
- Iron Poisoning: Iron Poisoning is an overdose of iron, also called iron overdose or iron toxicity. It can occur due to an
... More on Iron Poisoning »
- Hemochromatosis: Hemochromatosis is an “iron overload” disorder due to excess iron in the blood. The most common form is called “Hereditary
... More on Hemochromatosis »
- Anemia: Anemia is the disease of low red blood cells which reduces the amount of oxygen pumped around the body. Symptoms
... More on Anemia »
- Acidosis: Acidosis refers to an excessively high acidic level in the blood. It is a type of electrolyte imbalance. The opposite
... More on Acidosis »
- Thalassemia: Thalassemia is any of a group of inherited red blood cell disorders that causes anemia. Symptoms are the same as
... More on Thalassemia »
- Vomiting: Vomiting, also called emesis, is a very common symptom. It is often related to nausea and commonly caused by a
... More on Vomiting »
- Iron: Iron is a mineral that is part of a normal diet. Iron is required for red blood cells and iron
... More on Iron »
- Iron Chelating Activity: Iron Chelating Activity is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Iron Chelating Activity »
- Iron Chelator: Iron Chelator is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Iron Chelator »
- Ipecac: Ipecac is an active ingredient of a number of drugs and medications(null)(null)
... More on Ipecac »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.