Desferal (Deferoxamine Mesylate)
What is Desferal?
What diseases and conditions are treated by Desferal?
Some conditions and diseases that may be treated by Desferal include:More Diseases »
What conditions and diseases is Desferal used for the treatment or management of?
Desferal is a prescription drug that is approved by the FDA (USA) for use in the treatment, prevention, or management of the certain medical conditions and diseases, including:More Indications »
What are the active ingredients of Desferal?
The active ingredients in Desferal include:
What class of drug is Desferal?
Desferal belongs to the class of drugs:
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Injection forms from suppliers in the USA:
Desferal Information Guide
Desferal is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of Iron Chelator.
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Desferal include:More Diseases »
How is the dosage of Desferal calculated?
Only a health professional is qualified to work out the dosage of Desferal. The dosage needs to be determined depending on a variety of factors including:More About Dosage »
What precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Desferal?
Some of the precautions need to be noted when considering Desferal for use in particular situations such as the following:
- Drug Interactions
- Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility
- Pregnancy Category C
- Nursing Mothers
- Hepatic Impairment
Product Formulation Information: Desferal
- Anemia: Anemia is the disease of low red blood cells which reduces the amount of oxygen pumped around the body. Symptoms
... More on Anemia »
- Iron Poisoning: Iron Poisoning is an overdose of iron, also called iron overdose or iron toxicity. It can occur due to an
... More on Iron Poisoning »
- Hemochromatosis: Hemochromatosis is an “iron overload” disorder due to excess iron in the blood. The most common form is called “Hereditary
... More on Hemochromatosis »
- Deferoxamine Mesylate: Deferoxamine Mesylate is a generic drug that has a variety of different formulations...(null)(null)
... More on Deferoxamine Mesylate »
- Iron: Iron is a mineral that is part of a normal diet. Iron is required for red blood cells and iron
... More on Iron »
- Iron Chelating Activity: Iron Chelating Activity is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Iron Chelating Activity »
- Iron Chelator: Iron Chelator is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Iron Chelator »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.