Divalproex Sodium Dr
What is Divalproex Sodium Dr?
Divalproex sodium delayed-release tablets are used to treat manic episodes due to bipolar disorder. Manic episodes are distinct periods of an abnormal and persistent elevated, irritable or expansive mood. Some of the symptoms of mania can include hyperactivity (motor)
... More »
What diseases and conditions are treated by Divalproex Sodium Dr?
Some conditions and diseases that may be treated by Divalproex Sodium Dr include:
- Bipolar disorder (to treat manic episodes)
- Acute manic episodes (of bipolar disorder)
- Epilepsy (to treat complex partial seizures, or simple and complex absence seizures, or multiple seizure types)
- Complex partial seizures (epilepsy)
- Simple absence seizures (epilepsy)
- Complex absence seizures (epilepsy) ...
What conditions and diseases is Divalproex Sodium Dr used for the treatment or management of?
Divalproex Sodium Dr is a prescription drug that is approved by the FDA (USA) for use in the treatment, prevention, or management of the certain medical conditions and diseases, including:More Indications »
What are the active ingredients of Divalproex Sodium Dr?
The active ingredients in Divalproex Sodium Dr include:
What class of drug is Divalproex Sodium Dr?
Divalproex Sodium Dr belongs to the class of drugs:
- Anti-epileptic Agent
- Decreased Central Nervous System Disorganized Electrical Activity
- Mood Stabilizer
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Tablet forms from suppliers in the USA:
- Divalproex Sodium Dr Tablets by STAT RX USA LLC
- Divalproex Sodium Dr Tablets by Rebel Distributors Corp
- Divalproex Sodium Dr Tablets by Lake Erie Medical & Surgical Supply DBA Quality Care Products LLC
- Divalproex Sodium Dr Tablets by Cardinal Health
- Divalproex Sodium Dr Tablets by American Health Packaging
Divalproex Sodium Dr Information Guide
Divalproex Sodium Dr is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of:
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Divalproex Sodium Dr include:More Diseases »
How is the dosage of Divalproex Sodium Dr calculated?
Only a health professional is qualified to work out the dosage of Divalproex Sodium Dr. The dosage needs to be determined depending on a variety of factors including:
- Complex Partial Seizures
- Monotherapy (Initial Therapy)
- Conversion to Monotherapy
- Adjunctive Therapy
- Simple and Complex Absence Seizures
- General ...
Drugs may have a number of warnings associated with their use. What are the warnings regarding the use of Divalproex Sodium Dr?
Some of the warnings are below. Any use of Divalproex Sodium Dr needs to heed warnings surrounding the following:More Warnings »
What precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Divalproex Sodium Dr?
Some of the precautions need to be noted when considering Divalproex Sodium Dr for use in particular situations such as the following:
- Hepatic Dysfunction
- Multi-organ Hypersensitivity Reaction
- Drug Interactions
- Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility
- Nursing Mothers ...
Would taking Divalproex Sodium Dr interfere with other drugs or medications I may be taking?
Some of the interactions are listed below. Divalproex Sodium Dr may interact with the following so this needs to be taken into consideration when considering the use of this drug:
- Effects of Co-Administered Drugs on Valproate Clearance
- Drugs for Which a Potentially Important Interaction Has Been Observed
- Felbamate ...
What are the possible side-effects (adverse effects or unintended effects) of taking Divalproex Sodium Dr?
Some of the possible side-effects or adverse reactions may include effects such as:
- Divalproex Sodium Delayed-Release Tablets
- Abnormal pain
- The following adverse events occurred ...
Product Formulation Information: Divalproex Sodium Dr
- Depression: Depression occurs when someone has feelings such as sadness, unhappiness or misery for an extended period of time. Most people
... More on Depression »
- Bipolar disorder: Bipolar Disorder, also commonly called manic-depressive disorder, is a mental health disorder where a person has alternating phases of
... More on Bipolar disorder »
- Epilepsy: Epilepsy is a brain disorder with characteristic episodes of dysfunction. Effects may range in severity from brief loss of attention
... More on Epilepsy »
- Seizure disorders: Seizure disorders are disorders where the person suffers from seizures or convulsions. The best known example is Epilepsy. Various movement symptoms
... More on Seizure disorders »
- Migraine: Migraine refers to a chronic headache condition, which usually recurs over time. Migraines vary with people, ranging from a headache
... More on Migraine »
- Aura: An aura refers to a set of symptoms occurring before another condition such as a migraine or epileptic seizure. It
... More on Aura »
- Unconsciousness: Unconsciousness, even a temporary lapse of consciousness, is a serious event. Some causes may not be serious, such as fainting
... More on Unconsciousness »
- Fertility: Fertility is the general term for the ability of an adult male or female to conceive a child together. Normal
... More on Fertility »
- Depressive Symptoms: Depressive symptoms are feelings of sadness or “down moods” that are mental health symptoms. There are a number of Depressive Disorders
... More on Depressive Symptoms »
- Mania: Mania is a mood disorder characterized by extremes of behaviours such as hyperactivity, excitability, and high energy. Mania often occurs
... More on Mania »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.