What is Erythromycin?
Erythromycin pledgets are used to treat acne vulgaris (commonly called acne). Erythromycin pledgets are applied to the affected areas of the skin. Acne vulgaris is a skin condition that is very common and usually begins during the early teenage years
... More »
What diseases and conditions are treated by Erythromycin?
Some conditions and diseases that may be treated by Erythromycin include:More Diseases »
What conditions and diseases is Erythromycin used for the treatment or management of?
Erythromycin is a prescription drug that is approved by the FDA (USA) for use in the treatment, prevention, or management of the certain medical conditions and diseases, including:More Indications »
What are the active ingredients of Erythromycin?
The active ingredients in Erythromycin include:
What class of drug is Erythromycin?
Erythromycin belongs to the class of drugs:
Drugs with this Active Ingredient
The drugs that contain this as an active ingredient include:
- Benzamycin Pak
- Erythromycin Base Filmtab
- Erythromycin Base
- Erythromycin-Benzoyl Peroxide
- Ilotycin ...
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Tablet forms from suppliers in the USA:
Solution forms from suppliers in the USA:
- Erythromycin Capsules by KAISER FOUNDATION HOSPITALS
- Erythromycin Capsules by Stat Rx USA
- Erythromycin Capsules by Arbor Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Erythromycin Capsules by A-S Medication Solutions LLC
- Erythromycin Capsules by Midlothian Laboratories
Solution forms from suppliers in the USA:
- Erythromycin Solution by E. FOUGERA & CO., A division of Fougera Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Erythromycin Solution by Perrigo New York Inc
- Erythromycin Solution by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
- Erythromycin Solution by Morton Grove Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Erythromycin Solution by VersaPharm Incorporated
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
- Erythromycin Gel by E. FOUGERA & CO., A division of Fougera Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Erythromycin Ointment by Stat Rx USA
- Erythromycin Ointment by Akorn, Inc.
- Erythromycin Ointment by Rebel Distributors Corp
- Erythromycin Ointment by Bausch & Lomb Incorporated
- Erythromycin Gel by Perrigo New York Inc
- Erythromycin Ointment by Fera Pharmaceuticals
- Erythromycin Ointment by Lake Erie Medical & Surgical Supply DBA Quality Care Products LLC
- Erythromycin Ointment by REMEDYREPACK INC.
- Erythromycin Ointment by H.J. Harkins Company, Inc.
- Erythromycin Gel by Aidarex Pharmaceuticals LLC
- Erythromycin Ointment by A-S Medication Solutions LLC
- Erythromycin Ointment by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
- Erythromycin Ointment by Dispensing Solutions, Inc.
- Erythromycin Ointment by Cardinal Health
- Erythromycin Ointment by Preferred Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Erythromycin by KAISER FOUNDATION HOSPITALS
- Erythromycin by Stat Rx USA
- Erythromycin by STAT RX USA LLC
- Erythromycin by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
- Erythromycin by Lake Erie Medical DBA Quality Care Products LLC
- Erythromycin by Arbor Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Erythromycin Information Guide
Erythromycin is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of:
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Erythromycin include:More Diseases »
How is the dosage of Erythromycin calculated?
Only a health professional is qualified to work out the dosage of Erythromycin. The dosage needs to be determined depending on a variety of factors including:
- Streptococcal Infections
- Primary Syphilis
- Intestinal Amebiasis
- Legionnaires' Disease
- Urogenital Infections During Pregnancy Due to
- Chlamydia trachomatis
- Nongonococcal Urethritis Due ...
What precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Erythromycin?
Some of the precautions need to be noted when considering Erythromycin for use in particular situations such as the following:
- Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility
- Teratogenic Effects
- Pregnancy Category B
- Nursing Women
What are the inactive ingredients in Erythromycin?
The inactive ingredients contained in Erythromycin are:
- Powdered cellulose
- Citric Acid Monohydrate
- D&C red no. 30
- D&C yellow no. 10
- Magnesium stearate
- FD&C blue no. 1
- FD&C red no. 3
- Titanium Dioxide
Product Formulation Information: Erythromycin
- Acne: Acne, or “acne vulgaris” for its proper medical name, is a chronic skin disorder. Typical symptoms include whiteheads, blackheads, and
... More on Acne »
- Bacterial Infections: Bacteria are tiny single-celled microbes that can infect the body. Some bacterial infections can be quite dangerous and worsen
... More on Bacterial Infections »
- Gonorrhea: Gonorrhea is a bacterial sexually transmitted disease affecting both men and women. Infection may involve sexual organs, oral region, and
... More on Gonorrhea »
- Rheumatic Fever: Rheumatic Fever is a complication of streptococcal infection (e.g., strep throat, scarlet fever), that can affect various organs including
... More on Rheumatic Fever »
- Streptococcal Infections: Streptococcal infections are infections due to the streptococcus bacteria (“strep”). Examples are “strep throat” (streptococcal pharyngitis), pneumonia, eye infections, pneumonia
... More on Streptococcal Infections »
- Pimples: Pimples are a small skin lump that is well-known as part of acne (acne vulgaris), which is common in
... More on Pimples »
- Blackheads: A blackhead is a type of pimple that may occur with acne, usually in teenagers with puberty. It has the
... More on Blackheads »
- Cyst: A cyst is a small fluid-filled sac under the skin inside the body. A cyst differs from an abscess
... More on Cyst »
- Low birth weight: Low birth weight in a delivered baby may result from a disorder of the baby or the mother. Prematurity is
... More on Low birth weight »
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics are a class of drugs that is mainly known for their use against bacterial infections, although they can also
... More on Antibiotics »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.