Inderal LA (Propranolol Hydrochloride)
What conditions and diseases is Inderal LA used for the treatment or management of?
Inderal LA is a prescription drug that is approved by the FDA (USA) for use in the treatment, prevention, or management of the certain medical conditions and diseases, including:
- Angina Pectoris Due to Coronary Atherosclerosis
- Hypertrophic Subaortic Stenosis
What are the active ingredients of Inderal LA?
The active ingredients in Inderal LA include:
What class of drug is Inderal LA?
Inderal LA belongs to the class of drugs:
- Adrenergic beta-Antagonists
- beta-Adrenergic Blocker
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Solution forms from suppliers in the USA:
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
Inderal LA Information Guide
Inderal LA is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of beta-Adrenergic Blocker.
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Inderal LA include:More Diseases »
How is the dosage of Inderal LA calculated?
Only a health professional is qualified to work out the dosage of Inderal LA. The dosage needs to be determined depending on a variety of factors including:More About Dosage »
Drugs may have a number of warnings associated with their use. What are the warnings regarding the use of Inderal LA?
Some of the warnings are below. Any use of Inderal LA needs to heed warnings surrounding the following:
- Angina Pectoris
- Hypersensitivity and Skin Reactions
- Cardiac Failure
- Nonallergic Bronchospasm (e.g., Chronic Bronchitis, Emphysema)
- Major Surgery
- Diabetes and Hypoglycemia ...
What precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Inderal LA?
Some of the precautions need to be noted when considering Inderal LA for use in particular situations such as the following:
- Clinical Laboratory Tests
- Drug Interactions
- Cardiovascular Drugs
- Calcium Channel Blockers
- ACE Inhibitors
- Alpha Blockers
- Inotropic Agents
- Isoproterenol and ...
What are the inactive ingredients in Inderal LA?
The inactive ingredients contained in Inderal LA are:
- Titanium Dioxide
- D&C red no. 28
- FD&C blue no. 1
Product Formulation Information: Inderal LA
- Essential Hypertension: Essential Hypertension is the common form of chronic hypertension (high blood pressure) without any clear cause. It is often related
... More on Essential Hypertension »
- Arrhythmias: An arrhythmia is the general name for a heart rhythm disorder, where the heartís regular heartbeat has an abnormality
... More on Arrhythmias »
- Heart Disorders: Heart disorders include many different types of diseases of the heart. Heart disease often refers to coronary heart disease, although
... More on Heart Disorders »
- Hypertensive Disorders: Hypertensive Disorders are those that involve hypertension (high blood pressure) or are related to hypertension. Chronic Hypertension disorders include Essential Hypertension
... More on Hypertensive Disorders »
- Blood Pressure Disorders: The most common blood pressure are chronic high blood pressure (hypertension) and chronic low blood pressure (hypotension). High blood pressure
... More on Blood Pressure Disorders »
- Chronic Hypertension: Chronic Hypertension refers to High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) that is a chronic, ongoing condition. Hypertension is a very common chronic
... More on Chronic Hypertension »
- Angina: Angina is a disorder of the heart and its blood vessels that is characterized by chronic chest pain. It is
... More on Angina »
- Atherosclerosis: Atherosclerosis is the narrowing and hardening of the arteries. It is related to high cholesterol (and high triglycerides). Strictly speaking
... More on Atherosclerosis »
- Heart Attack: Heart attack, also called Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI), occurs when the heart does not get enough blood supply. It is
... More on Heart Attack »
- Angina Pectoris: Angina pectoris, often called just angina, is a heart disorder causing recurring bouts of chest pain. The chest pain may
... More on Angina Pectoris »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.