Janumet (Sitagliptin and Metformin Hydrochloride)
What conditions and diseases is Janumet used for the treatment or management of?
What are the active ingredients of Janumet?
The active ingredients in Janumet include:
- Metformin Hydrochloride
- Sitagliptin Phosphate
What class of drug is Janumet?
Janumet belongs to the class of drugs:
- Dipeptidyl Peptidase 4 Inhibitor
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Tablet forms from suppliers in the USA:
- Janumet Tablets by Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
- Janumet Tablets by Lake Erie Medical & Surgical Supply DBA Quality Care Products LLC
- Janumet Tablets by REMEDYREPACK INC.
- Janumet Tablets by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
- Janumet by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
- Janumet by Lake Erie Medical & Surgical Supply DBA Quality Care Products LLC
- Janumet by REMEDYREPACK INC.
- Janumet by Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
Janumet Information Guide
Janumet is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of:
- Dipeptidyl Peptidase 4 Inhibitor
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Janumet include:More Diseases »
How is the dosage of Janumet calculated?
Only a health professional is qualified to work out the dosage of Janumet. The dosage needs to be determined depending on a variety of factors including:
- Recommended Dosing
What warnings or precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Janumet?
Some of the warnings and precautions that need to be noted when considering Janumet for use, include the following:
- Lactic Acidosis
- Impaired Hepatic Function
- Assessment of Renal Function
- Vitamin B12 Levels
- Alcohol Intake
- Surgical Procedures
- Change in Clinical ...
Would taking Janumet interfere with other drugs or medications I may be taking?
Some of the interactions are listed below. Janumet may interact with the following so this needs to be taken into consideration when considering the use of this drug:More Interactions »
What are the possible side-effects (adverse effects or unintended effects) of taking Janumet?
Some of the possible side-effects or adverse reactions may include effects such as:
- Number of Patients (%)
- Metformin 500 mg
- Metformin 1000 mg bid
- Data pooled for the patients given the lower ...
What are the inactive ingredients in Janumet?
The inactive ingredients contained in Janumet are:
- Ferrosoferric oxide
- Cellulose, microcrystalline
- Polyethylene glycol
- Polyvinyl alcohol
- Povidone k29
- Ferric oxide red
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
- Sodium stearyl fumarate
- Titanium Dioxide
Product Formulation Information: Janumet
- Diabetes: Diabetes is a metabolic disease where the body loses the ability to properly process sugars (glucose). The full medical name
... More on Diabetes »
- Type 2 Diabetes: Type 2 Diabetes is the most common form of diabetes and the less severe of the two most common forms
... More on Type 2 Diabetes »
- Type 1 Diabetes: Type 1 Diabetes is also known as Juvenile Diabetes and its full medical name is Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Mellitus (IDDM)
... More on Type 1 Diabetes »
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis: Diabetic ketoacidosis (also called DKA) is an extremely dangerous complication of undiagnosed or poorly-controlled diabetes. Diabetes causes a build
... More on Diabetic Ketoacidosis »
- Pancreatitis: Pancreatitis is an inflammation of the pancreas. The pancreas has two main purposes and so two different types of effects
... More on Pancreatitis »
- Hyperglycemia: Hyperglycemia (high blood glucose) is a symptom with several causes, but it is the classic effect from diabetes. Hyperglycemia refers
... More on Hyperglycemia »
- Diabetes Pills: Diabetes pills are mostly used to treat Type 2 Diabetes, the most common type of Diabetes. Type 1 Diabetes (Juvenile Diabetes)
... More on Diabetes Pills »
- Metformin Hydrochloride: Metformin hydrochloride extended - release tablets are used to improve the glycemic (blood sugar) control of individuals with type 2 diabetes
... More on Metformin Hydrochloride »
- Dipeptidyl Peptidase 4 Inhibitor: Dipeptidyl Peptidase 4 Inhibitor is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Dipeptidyl Peptidase 4 Inhibitor »
- Sitagliptin: Sitagliptin is a generic drug that has a variety of different formulations...(null)(null)
... More on Sitagliptin »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.