Kapvay (Clonidine Hydrochloride)
What conditions and diseases is Kapvay used for the treatment or management of?
What are the active ingredients of Kapvay?
The active ingredients in Kapvay include:
What class of drug is Kapvay?
Kapvay belongs to the class of drugs:
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Tablet forms from suppliers in the USA:
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
Kapvay Information Guide
Kapvay is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of Central alpha-2 Adrenergic Agonist.
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Kapvay include:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Psychological Disorders
- Psychiatric Disorders
How is the dosage of Kapvay calculated?
Only a health professional is qualified to work out the dosage of Kapvay. The dosage needs to be determined depending on a variety of factors including:
- General Dosing Information
- Dose Selection
- Maintenance Treatment
What warnings or precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Kapvay?
Some of the warnings and precautions that need to be noted when considering Kapvay for use, include the following:
- Sedation and Somnolence
- Abrupt Discontinuation
- Allergic Reactions
- Cardiac Conduction Abnormalities
- Other Clonidine-Containing Products
Would taking Kapvay interfere with other drugs or medications I may be taking?
Some of the interactions are listed below. Kapvay may interact with the following so this needs to be taken into consideration when considering the use of this drug:
- Interactions with CNS-depressant Drugs
- Interactions with Tricyclic Antidepressants
- Interactions with Drugs Known to Affect Sinus Node Function or AV ...
What are the possible side-effects (adverse effects or unintended effects) of taking Kapvay?
Some of the possible side-effects or adverse reactions may include effects such as:
- Upper Abdominal Pain
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- Throat Pain
- Dizziness ...
What are the inactive ingredients in Kapvay?
The inactive ingredients contained in Kapvay are:
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
- Lactose monohydrate
- Hypromellose 2208 (15000 mpa.s)
- Starch, corn
- Silicon Dioxide
- Magnesium stearate
Product Formulation Information: Kapvay
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a behavioral disorder where a person has difficulties with attention, concentration, hyperactivity and/or
... More on Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder »
- Narcolepsy: Narcolepsy is a sleep disorder where a person tends to fall asleep in daytime. It is not the normal type
... More on Narcolepsy »
- Psychological Disorders: Psychological disorders are mental health disorders such as anxiety disorders, emotional disorders, personality disorders, and so on. They are generally
... More on Psychological Disorders »
- Psychiatric Disorders: Psychiatric disorders are mental health disorders that tend to be quite severe. They are usually more severe than the category
... More on Psychiatric Disorders »
- Hypertensive Disorders: Hypertensive Disorders are those that involve hypertension (high blood pressure) or are related to hypertension. Chronic Hypertension disorders include Essential Hypertension
... More on Hypertensive Disorders »
- Blood Pressure Disorders: The most common blood pressure are chronic high blood pressure (hypertension) and chronic low blood pressure (hypotension). High blood pressure
... More on Blood Pressure Disorders »
- Chronic Hypertension: Chronic Hypertension refers to High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) that is a chronic, ongoing condition. Hypertension is a very common chronic
... More on Chronic Hypertension »
- Essential Hypertension: Essential Hypertension is the common form of chronic hypertension (high blood pressure) without any clear cause. It is often related
... More on Essential Hypertension »
- Anxiety Disorders: Anxiety Disorders are mental health disorders involving excessive anxiety. Although some level of anxiety can be normal for a person
... More on Anxiety Disorders »
- Migraine: Migraine refers to a chronic headache condition, which usually recurs over time. Migraines vary with people, ranging from a headache
... More on Migraine »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.