What are Opioids?
Opioids are a class of drug related to morphine and other opiate drugs. They are a type of analgesic (pain relief) drug and are used in a variety of conditions involving severe pain, such as: chronic pain syndromes, cancer pain
... More »
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Opioids include:More Diseases »
- Chronic Pain Syndromes: Chronic Pain Syndromes refer to various disorders causing chronic pain. Common types of chronic pain include chronic back pain, chronic nerve pain
... More on Chronic Pain Syndromes »
- Cancer pain: Cancer pain refers to pain syndromes that are caused by cancer. The management of pain is an important issue in
... More on Cancer pain »
- Morphine: Morphine is a generic drug that has a variety of different formulations...(null)(null)
... More on Morphine »
- Analgesics: Analgesics are the general class of medications that reduce pain. This includes the various over-the-counter medications for minor
... More on Analgesics »
- Pain relief: Pain relief is a very broad class of drugs to relieve or suppress pain. They range from simple over-the
... More on Pain relief »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.