What is Propranolol?
Propranolol hydrochloride injection is used to treat supraventricular tachycardia e.g in thyrotoxicosis and Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. Propranolol hydrochloride injection has the effect of decreasing the ventricular rate. Propranolol hydrochloride injection should only be used for arrythmias that don't
... More »
What diseases and conditions are treated by Propranolol?
Some conditions and diseases that may be treated by Propranolol include:
- Supraventricular tachycardia (to decrease ventricular rate)
- Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome (to decrease ventricular rate)
- Thyrotoxicosis (to decrease ventricular rate)
- Persistent premature ventricular extrasystoles
- Tachyarrhythmias of digitalis intoxication
- Digitalix intoxication (tachyarrhythmias)
What conditions and diseases is Propranolol used for the treatment or management of?
Propranolol is a prescription drug that is approved by the FDA (USA) for use in the treatment, prevention, or management of the certain medical conditions and diseases, including:More Indications »
What are the active ingredients of Propranolol?
The active ingredients in Propranolol include:
What class of drug is Propranolol?
Propranolol belongs to the class of drugs:
- Adrenergic beta-Antagonists
- beta-Adrenergic Blocker
Drugs with this Active Ingredient
The drugs that contain this as an active ingredient include:More Drugs »
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Tablet forms from suppliers in the USA:
Injection forms from suppliers in the USA:
- Propranolol Injection by West-ward Pharmaceutical Corp
- Propranolol Injection by General Injectables & Vaccines, Inc
- Propranolol Injection by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
- Propranolol Injection by APP Pharmaceuticals, LLC
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
Propranolol Information Guide
Propranolol is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of beta-Adrenergic Blocker.
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Propranolol include:More Diseases »
Drugs may have a number of warnings associated with their use. What are the warnings regarding the use of Propranolol?
Some of the warnings are below. Any use of Propranolol needs to heed warnings surrounding the following:
- Cardiac Failure
- Nonallergic Bronchospasm (e.g., Chronic Bronchitis, Emphysema)
- Major Surgery
- Diabetes and Hypoglycemia
- Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
What precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Propranolol?
Some of the precautions need to be noted when considering Propranolol for use in particular situations such as the following:
- Angina Pectoris
- Clinical Laboratory Tests
- Drug Interactions
- Cardiovascular Drugs
- Calcium Channel Blockers
- ACE Inhibitors
- Inotropic Agents ...
Would taking Propranolol interfere with other drugs or medications I may be taking?
Some of the interactions are listed below. Propranolol may interact with the following so this needs to be taken into consideration when considering the use of this drug:
- Interactions with Substrates, Inhibitors or Inducers of Cytochrome P-450 Enzymes
- Substrates or Inhibitors of CYP2D6
- Substrates or Inhibitors of ...
What are the possible side-effects (adverse effects or unintended effects) of taking Propranolol?
Some of the possible side-effects or adverse reactions may include effects such as:More Side Effects »
Product Formulation Information: Propranolol
- Thyrotoxicosis: Thyrotoxicosis is another name used to refer to Hyperthyroidism, which is an over-active thyroid gland. Graves Disease is the
... More on Thyrotoxicosis »
- Atrial Fibrillation: Atrial Fibrillation (AF) is a disorder of the heart’s rhythm, where the heart’s atria suffer from “fibrillation” (rapid
... More on Atrial Fibrillation »
- Anxiety Disorders: Anxiety Disorders are mental health disorders involving excessive anxiety. Although some level of anxiety can be normal for a person
... More on Anxiety Disorders »
- Panic Disorder: Panic disorder is an anxiety where a person suffers from recurring panic attacks (anxiety attacks). These episodes are sudden attacks
... More on Panic Disorder »
- Essential Hypertension: Essential Hypertension is the common form of chronic hypertension (high blood pressure) without any clear cause. It is often related
... More on Essential Hypertension »
- Arrhythmias: An arrhythmia is the general name for a heart rhythm disorder, where the heart’s regular heartbeat has an abnormality
... More on Arrhythmias »
- Heart Disorders: Heart disorders include many different types of diseases of the heart. Heart disease often refers to coronary heart disease, although
... More on Heart Disorders »
- Bradycardia: Bradycardia is the name for an abnormally slow heartbeat. The opposite, a rapid heartbeat is called “tachycardia”. A slow heartbeat
... More on Bradycardia »
- High Blood Pressure: High blood pressure, or hypertension, occurs when the pressure inside blood vessels is abnormally high. The term may refer to
... More on High Blood Pressure »
- Anxiety: Anxiety is the well-known feeling of concern. Some level of rational anxiety is normal some of the time and
... More on Anxiety »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.