What is Rifampin?
Rifampin is used treat tubercolosis of all forms. The recommendation is to use three drugs for the first 2 months: rifampin, isoniazid and pyrazinamide. A fourth drug called streptomycin or ethambutol can be added unless their is a very low
... More »
What diseases and conditions are treated by Rifampin?
Some conditions and diseases that may be treated by Rifampin include:More Diseases »
What conditions and diseases is Rifampin used for the treatment or management of?
Rifampin is a prescription drug that is approved by the FDA (USA) for use in the treatment, prevention, or management of the certain medical conditions and diseases, including:More Indications »
What are the active ingredients of Rifampin?
The active ingredients in Rifampin include:
What class of drug is Rifampin?
Rifampin belongs to the class of drugs:
Drugs with this Active Ingredient
The drugs that contain this as an active ingredient include:More Drugs »
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Solution forms from suppliers in the USA:
- Rifampin Capsules by Eon Labs, Inc.
- Rifampin Capsules by Lannett Company, Inc.
- Rifampin Capsules by Major Pharmaceuticals
- Rifampin Capsules by Rebel Distributors Corp
- Rifampin Capsules by REMEDYREPACK INC.
- Rifampin Capsules by Mylan Institutional Inc.
- Rifampin Capsules by H.J. Harkins Company, Inc.
- Rifampin Capsules by State of Florida DOH Central Pharmacy
- Rifampin Capsules by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
- Rifampin Capsules by Cardinal Health
- Rifampin Capsules by VersaPharm Incorporated
- Rifampin Capsules by Bryant Ranch Prepack
- Rifampin Capsules by McKesson Packaging Services a business unit of McKesson Corporation
- Rifampin Capsules by American Health Packaging
- Rifampin Capsules by Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Injection forms from suppliers in the USA:
- Rifampin Injection by Pfizer Laboratories Div Pfizer Inc
- Rifampin Injection by AKORN INC.
- Rifampin Injection by Bedford Laboratories
- Rifampin Injection by Mylan Institutional LLC
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
- Rifampin by State of Florida DOH Central Pharmacy
- Rifampin by REMEDYREPACK INC.
- Rifampin by American Health Packaging
- Rifampin by H.J. Harkins Company, Inc.
- Rifampin by VersaPharm Incorporated
- Rifampin by Rebel Distributors Corp
- Rifampin by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
- Rifampin by Major Pharmaceuticals
- Rifampin by Cardinal Health
- Rifampin by Mylan Institutional Inc.
Rifampin Information Guide
Rifampin is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of Rifamycin Antibacterial.
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Rifampin include:More Diseases »
How is the dosage of Rifampin calculated?
Only a health professional is qualified to work out the dosage of Rifampin. The dosage needs to be determined depending on a variety of factors including:More About Dosage »
What precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Rifampin?
Some of the precautions need to be noted when considering Rifampin for use in particular situations such as the following:
- Drug Interactions
- Drug/Laboratory Interactions
- Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility
- Pregnancy-Teratogenic Effects
- Pregnancy-Non-Teratogenic Effects
- Nursing Mothers
What are the possible side-effects (adverse effects or unintended effects) of taking Rifampin?
Some of the possible side-effects or adverse reactions may include effects such as:
- Central Nervous System
- Hypersensitivity Reactions
What are the inactive ingredients in Rifampin?
The inactive ingredients contained in Rifampin are:
- Lactose monohydrate
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
- Starch, corn
- Silicon Dioxide
- Magnesium stearate
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Butyl alcohol
- Propylene Glycol
- Dimethicone 410
- Titanium Dioxide
Product Formulation Information: Rifampin
- Meningococcal Disease: Meningococcal disease is a life-threatening bacterial illness, usually causing meningitis (i.e. bacterial meningitis). It is a somewhat contagious
... More on Meningococcal Disease »
- Tuberculosis: Tuberculosis (TB) is an infectious bacterial lung disease. Its older name was “consumption”. It had declined thanks to modern treatments
... More on Tuberculosis »
- Isoniazid: Isoniazid is a prescription drug that is used to treat all types of tuberculosis with susceptible organisms. i Tuberculosis is
... More on Isoniazid »
- Pyrazinamide: Pyrazinamide is used in combination with other antituberculous drugs to initially treat active tuberculosis. Tuberculosis is a bacterial infection that
... More on Pyrazinamide »
- Streptomycin: Streptomycin is a generic drug that has a variety of different formulations...(null)(null)
... More on Streptomycin »
- Ethambutol: Ethambutol hydrochloride tablets are used to treat pulmonary tuberculosis. Pulmonary tuberculosis (TB) is essentially a bacterial infection of the lungs
... More on Ethambutol »
- Rifamycin Antibacterial: Rifamycin Antibacterial is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Rifamycin Antibacterial »
- Rifamycins: Rifamycins is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Rifamycins »
- Central nervous system: The Central Nervous System (CNS) is the part of the nervous system involving the brain and spinal cord. Symptoms include
... More on Central nervous system »
- Endocrine system: The endocrine system is the body system controlling the production of numerous hormones and similar substances. It involves numerous different
... More on Endocrine system »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.