Spiriva (Tiotropium Bromide)
What conditions and diseases is Spiriva used for the treatment or management of?
What are the active ingredients of Spiriva?
The active ingredients in Spiriva include:
- Tiotropium Bromide Monohydrate
What class of drug is Spiriva?
Spiriva belongs to the class of drugs:
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Solution forms from suppliers in the USA:
- Spiriva Capsules by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Spiriva Capsules by Lake Erie Medical & Surgical Supply DBA Quality Care Products LLC
- Spiriva Capsules by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
- Spiriva by Lake Erie Medical & Surgical Supply DBA Quality Care Products LLC
- Spiriva by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
- Spiriva by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Spiriva Information Guide
Spiriva is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of Anticholinergic.
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Spiriva include:
... More Diseases »
What warnings or precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Spiriva?
Some of the warnings and precautions that need to be noted when considering Spiriva for use, include the following:
- Not for Acute Use
- Immediate Hypersensitivity Reactions
- Paradoxical Bronchospasm
- Worsening of Narrow-Angle Glaucoma
- Worsening of Urinary Retention
- Renal Impairment
... More Warnings »
Would taking Spiriva interfere with other drugs or medications I may be taking?
Some of the interactions are listed below. Spiriva may interact with the following so this needs to be taken into consideration when considering the use of this drug:
... More Interactions »
What are the possible side-effects (adverse effects or unintended effects) of taking Spiriva?
Some of the possible side-effects or adverse reactions may include effects such as:
- Chest Pain (non-specific)
- Edema, Dependent
- Gastrointestinal System Disorders
- Dry Mouth
- Abdominal Pain
- Musculoskeletal System
... More Side Effects »
What are the inactive ingredients in Spiriva?
The inactive ingredients contained in Spiriva are:
- Lactose monohydrate
Product Formulation Information: Spiriva
- Bronchospasm: Bronchospasm is a muscular spasm of the bronchioles in the lungs, causing breathing difficulty. Causes of bronchospasm include asthma (asthma attack)
... More on Bronchospasm »
- COPD: COPD, or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, is a chronic lung disorder that is usually progressive. Chronic bronchitis and emphysema are
... More on COPD »
- Chronic Bronchitis: Chronic Bronchitis is a chronic, severe lung disease that is part of COPD. Chronic bronchitis is a long-term severe
... More on Chronic Bronchitis »
- Emphysema: Emphysema is a chronic lung disease that is a type of COPD. It is a disorder of the small air
... More on Emphysema »
- Anticholinergic: Anticholinergic is a class of medications including a number of different
... More on Anticholinergic »
- Cholinergic Antagonists: Cholinergic Antagonists is a class of medications including a number of different
... More on Cholinergic Antagonists »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.