Vitamin D (Ergocalciferol)
What is Vitamin D?
Vitamin D is a natural vitamin in the body. A deficiency in Vitamin D can occur; see Vitamin D Deficiency for information on symptoms and treatments.
... More »
What are the active ingredients of Vitamin D?
The active ingredients in Vitamin D include:
What class of drug is Vitamin D?
Vitamin D belongs to the class of drugs:
Drugs in this Class
The drugs that are in this drug class may include:
- Fosamax Plus D
- CitraNatal Harmony
- CitraNatal Rx
- Nexa Select Rx Prenatal Vitamin with Plant-Based DHA ...
Drugs with this Active Ingredient
The drugs that contain this as an active ingredient include:
- CitraNatal Rx
- Vitafol One
- Vitafol Plus
- Reaphirm Plant Source DHA
- Multivitamin with fluoride
- Tri-Vitamin with Fluoride
- Multi-Vitamin ...
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Solution forms from suppliers in the USA:
- Vitamin D Capsules by Paddock Laboratories, LLC
- Vitamin D Capsules by PD-Rx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Vitamin D Capsules by Aphena Pharma Solutions - Tennessee, LLC
- Vitamin D Capsules by A-S Medication Solutions LLC
- Vitamin D Capsules by Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Ltd.
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
Vitamin D Information Guide
Vitamin D is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of Provitamin D2 Compound.
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Vitamin D include:More Diseases »
What precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Vitamin D?
Some of the precautions need to be noted when considering Vitamin D for use in particular situations such as the following:
- Drug Interactions
- Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility
- Pregnancy Category C
- Nursing Mothers
What are the inactive ingredients in Vitamin D?
The inactive ingredients contained in Vitamin D are:
- Butyl alcohol
- D&C yellow no. 10
- FD&C blue no. 1
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Propylene Glycol
- Soybean Oil
- Titanium Dioxide
Product Formulation Information: Vitamin D
- Rickets: Rickets is a bone disorder in children caused by Vitamin D deficiency. The similar disorder in adults is called Osteomalacia
... More on Rickets »
- Vitamin: Vitamins are natural substances that are either ingested in food or created within the body. Vitamins are often available commercially
... More on Vitamin »
- Ergocalciferol: Ergocalciferol capsules are used to treat hypoparathyroidism. Ergocalciferol capsules are also used to treat refractory rickets (also called vitamin D
... More on Ergocalciferol »
- Provitamin D2 Compound: Provitamin D2 Compound is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Provitamin D2 Compound »
- Calcipotriene: Calcipotriene is a generic drug that has a variety of different formulations...(null)(null)
... More on Calcipotriene »
- NataFort: NataFort is a multivitamin/mineral for women who are pregnant, as well as women prior to conception and also after
... More on NataFort »
- CitraNatal Harmony: CitraNatal Harmony Rx Prenatal Vitamin Gel Cap is a prescription drug that is a multivitamin/mineral source. CitraNatal Harmony Rx
... More on CitraNatal Harmony »
- Nephrocaps-QT: Nephrocaps QT Quick-Dissolve Tablets are used to manage the diets of patients who have chronic kidney failure, uremia (high
... More on Nephrocaps-QT »
- Nexa Select Rx Prenatal Vitamin with Plant-Based DHA: Nexa Plus Capsules are used to provide vitamin/mineral and C. cohnii algal oil supplementation before, during and after pregnancy
... More on Nexa Select Rx Prenatal Vitamin with Plant-Based DHA »
- Dovonex: Dovonex ® (calcipotriene solution) Scalp Solution is used to topically treat psoriasis of the scalp. Dovonex ® (calcipotriene solution) Scalp Solution treats
... More on Dovonex »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.