Yasmin (Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol)
What conditions and diseases is Yasmin used for the treatment or management of?
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
Yasmin Information Guide
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Yasmin include:More Diseases »
How is the dosage of Yasmin calculated?
Only a health professional is qualified to work out the dosage of Yasmin. The dosage needs to be determined depending on a variety of factors including:
- How to Take Yasmin
- How to Start Yasmin
- Day 1 Start
- Sunday Start
- When switching from a different birth control pill ...
What warnings or precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Yasmin?
Some of the warnings and precautions that need to be noted when considering Yasmin for use, include the following:
- Thromboembolic Disorders and Other Vascular Problems
- Carcinoma of the Breasts and Reproductive Organs
- Liver Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Gallbladder ...
Would taking Yasmin interfere with other drugs or medications I may be taking?
Some of the interactions are listed below. Yasmin may interact with the following so this needs to be taken into consideration when considering the use of this drug:
- Effects of Other Drugs on Combined Oral Contraceptives
- Effects of Combined Oral Contraceptives on Other Drugs
- Interference with Laboratory Tests ...
Product Formulation Information: Yasmin
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy is the condition of a woman having a fetus from conception through to childbirth. The general topic of conception
... More on Pregnancy »
- Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol: Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol is a generic drug that has a variety of different formulations...(null)(null)
... More on Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol »
- Estrogens: Estrogen is a hormone produced by the body that is necessary for reproductive and sexual development, particularly in women. Estrogen
... More on Estrogens »
- Contraceptives: Contraceptives are the general class of medications and devices used to avoid conception and pregnancy. Examples include oral contraceptives (birth
... More on Contraceptives »
- Breast: Breasts are the female organs on the front of the chest, consisting of the nipple, areola, and breast tissue. Breasts
... More on Breast »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.