Zanaflex (Tizanidine Hydrochloride)
What is Zanaflex?
Tizanidine tablets are used to manage spasticity. Spasticity is abnormally high muscle tone. Tizanidine tablets are short-acting and so should be saved for those daily activities and times of the day when it is the most vital to relieve
... More »
What diseases and conditions are treated by Zanaflex?
Some conditions and diseases that may be treated by Zanaflex include:More Diseases »
What are the active ingredients of Zanaflex?
The active ingredients in Zanaflex include:
What class of drug is Zanaflex?
Zanaflex belongs to the class of drugs:
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Tablet forms from suppliers in the USA:
Solution forms from suppliers in the USA:
- Zanaflex Capsules by Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.
- Zanaflex Capsules by STAT RX USA LLC
- Zanaflex Capsules by Rebel Distributors Corp
- Zanaflex Capsules by Lake Erie Medical & Surgical Supply DBA Quality Care Products LLC
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
- Zanaflex by PD-Rx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Zanaflex by STAT RX USA LLC
- Zanaflex by Lake Erie Medical & Surgical Supply DBA Quality Care Products LLC
- Zanaflex by Rebel Distributors Corp
- Zanaflex by Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.
Zanaflex Information Guide
Zanaflex is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of Central alpha-2 Adrenergic Agonist.
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Zanaflex include:More Diseases »
Drugs may have a number of warnings associated with their use. What are the warnings regarding the use of Zanaflex?
Some of the warnings are below. Any use of Zanaflex needs to heed warnings surrounding the following:
- LIMITED DATA BASE FOR CHRONIC USE OF SINGLE DOSES ABOVE 8 MG AND MULTIPLE DOSES ABOVE 24 MG PER DAY ...
What precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Zanaflex?
Some of the precautions need to be noted when considering Zanaflex for use in particular situations such as the following:
- USE IN RENALLY IMPAIRED PATIENTS
- USE IN WOMEN TAKING ORAL CONTRACEPTIVES
- DISCONTINUING THERAPY
- DRUG INTERACTIONS
- CYP1A2 ...
Would taking Zanaflex interfere with other drugs or medications I may be taking?
Some of the interactions are listed below. Zanaflex may interact with the following so this needs to be taken into consideration when considering the use of this drug:More Interactions »
What are the possible side-effects (adverse effects or unintended effects) of taking Zanaflex?
Some of the possible side-effects or adverse reactions may include effects such as:
- COMMON ADVERSE EVENTS LEADING TO DISCONTINUATION
- MOST FREQUENT ADVERSE CLINICAL EVENTS SEEN IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE USE OF TIZANIDINE
- ADVERSE EVENTS REPORTED ...
What are the inactive ingredients in Zanaflex?
The inactive ingredients contained in Zanaflex are:
- Silicon Dioxide
- Stearic acid
- Cellulose, microcrystalline
- Anhydrous lactose
Product Formulation Information: Zanaflex
- Multiple Sclerosis: Multiple Sclerosis (often called just “MS”) is a disease of the spinal cord and nerves. The cause is an attack
... More on Multiple Sclerosis »
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis: Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a progressive and degenerative disease of the neuromuscular system. It is also known as Lou
... More on Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis »
- Migraine: Migraine refers to a chronic headache condition, which usually recurs over time. Migraines vary with people, ranging from a headache
... More on Migraine »
- Fibromyalgia: Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain disorder where various points in the body become sensitive and painful. Symptoms may include muscle pain
... More on Fibromyalgia »
- Spasticity: Spasticity refers to abnormal tightness, increased muscle tone, or excessive contraction of muscles. It is a type of hypertonia. The
... More on Spasticity »
- Muscle Spasms: Muscle spasms, including muscle cramps, refer to an abnormal contraction of the muscle. A simple example is muscle cramps, which
... More on Muscle Spasms »
- Muscle Cramps: Muscle cramps are a common symptom where a muscle painfully contracts for an extended period, which is a type of
... More on Muscle Cramps »
- Muscle tightness: Muscle tightness might mean muscle spasm, muscle cramp, muscular rigidity, or various other muscle symptoms. Common types include abdominal rigidity
... More on Muscle tightness »
- Back Pain: Back pain is a common symptom that has many possible causes. The most common cause of new back pain is
... More on Back Pain »
- Insomnia: Insomnia is a difficulty with sleep, either in falling asleep or in staying asleep. Difficulty with sleeping can occur for
... More on Insomnia »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.