Avoidance as a medical symptom has a variety of causes. Social avoidance is a behavioral symptom of various anxiety disorders and other psychological disorders. Physical avoidance of some stimulus or action also occurs in photophobia (avoiding light), noise intolerance, heat intolerance
... More »
Non-psychological disorder causes of avoidant behaviors include:
- Normal Variation (Eccentricity). Some people are eccentric or otherwise act in unsocial ...
Types of symptoms related to psychological avoidant behaviors include:
- Social anxiety
- Depressive symptoms ...
- Behavioral Disorders: Behavioral Disorders are mental health disorders that result in aberrant behavior. This may include many different types of inappropriate behavior
... More on Behavioral Disorders »
- Anxiety Disorders: Anxiety Disorders are mental health disorders involving excessive anxiety. Although some level of anxiety can be normal for a person
... More on Anxiety Disorders »
- Psychological Disorders: Psychological disorders are mental health disorders such as anxiety disorders, emotional disorders, personality disorders, and so on. They are generally
... More on Psychological Disorders »
- Phobias: Phobias are abnormal and irrational fears about some item or circumstance. Whereas it is normal to have some fear of
... More on Phobias »
- Eating Disorders: Eating disorders are mental health disorders related to food and eating. Well-known examples include Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa
... More on Eating Disorders »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Avoidance:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.