Blocked nose Overview
There are many different causes of such symptoms, with many of the same causes as a runny nose (e.g. common cold, allergic rhinitis, etc.). A blocked nose may also be an actual “nasal obstruction” such as a foreign body, polyp, and so on.
• • •
Back to: « Blocked nose
- Common Cold: The common cold refers to any number of viral infections of the nose and throat. Typical symptoms are all too
... More on Common Cold »
- Allergic Rhinitis: Allergic rhinitis refers to rhinitis (runny nose) that is caused by allergies. Hay fever is a seasonal type of allergic
... More on Allergic Rhinitis »
- Foreign body: A “foreign body” in medicine refers to a piece of something artificial that is “foreign” to the body. It might
... More on Foreign body »
- Allergies: Allergies occur when the immune system responds to a substance. Common examples include dust allergies, pollen allergies (causing hay fever
... More on Allergies »
- Sinusitis: Sinusitis is the inflammation of the areas called the “sinuses”, which are cavities in the facial area, near the nose
... More on Sinusitis »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.