Body odor may be caused by simple failure of personal hygiene or oral hygiene, or there may be an underlying disorder. Breath odor may be perceived as body odor, and there are numerous causes of breath odor ranging from dental problems
... More »
Simple Causes: Causes of abnormal body odors may include:
- Normal. Everyone has some level of body odor.
- Poor general hygiene ...
- Schizophrenia: Schizophrenia is a neurological disorder affecting the brain, with symptoms related to personality, perception, behavior and emotions. Hallmark symptoms are
... More on Schizophrenia »
- Systemic Disorders: Systemic disorders is the general category of disorders and diseases where an entire body system is affected, or the entire
... More on Systemic Disorders »
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis: Diabetic ketoacidosis (also called DKA) is an extremely dangerous complication of undiagnosed or poorly-controlled diabetes. Diabetes causes a build
... More on Diabetic Ketoacidosis »
- Kidney Failure: Kidney failure is inadequate function of the kidneys, also called renal failure. Kidney failure may be acute or chronic.
... More on Kidney Failure »
- Phenylketonuria: Phenylketonuria (PKU) is a genetic disease causing an imbalance in the body’s chemistry. The body is unable to convert
... More on Phenylketonuria »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Body Odor:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.