Emotional Symptoms Overview
Emotional symptoms have a variety of causes that depend on the exact type of symptom. The main categories of emotional symptoms are depressive symptoms (“down moods”), anxiety, and mania (“up” moods). The causes of the various emotional symptoms may be psychological disorders (e.g. depressive disorders, anxiety disorders, emotional disorders, personality disorders), but there can also be physical diseases that result in emotional changes. The causes and treatment vary considerably depending on the exact type of symptom.
• • •
Back to: « Emotional Symptoms
- Psychological Disorders: Psychological disorders are mental health disorders such as anxiety disorders, emotional disorders, personality disorders, and so on. They are generally
... More on Psychological Disorders »
- Depressive Disorders: Depressive disorders refer to depression of various types and other similar disorders causing depressive symptoms. The general type of depression
... More on Depressive Disorders »
- Anxiety Disorders: Anxiety Disorders are mental health disorders involving excessive anxiety. Although some level of anxiety can be normal for a person
... More on Anxiety Disorders »
- Emotional Disorders: Emotional Disorders is a general category of mental health disorders. Examples include mood disorders (depressive disorders; bipolar syndrome), anxiety disorders
... More on Emotional Disorders »
- Depression: Depression occurs when someone has feelings such as sadness, unhappiness or misery for an extended period of time. Most people
... More on Depression »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.