Erythema is a type of red skin rash caused by changes to small blood vessels under the skin. They dilate and fill with extra blood, causing the redness. There are various causes of erythema.
... More »
Causes of erythema include:
- Local trauma
- Soft tissue damage
- Allergic reaction (e.g. hives)
- Atopic dermatitis
- Contact dermatitis ...
- Erythema: Erythema is the general name for skin redness due to the dilation of blood vessels beneath the skin. Causes may
... More on Erythema »
- Allergies: Allergies occur when the immune system responds to a substance. Common examples include dust allergies, pollen allergies (causing hay fever
... More on Allergies »
- Anaphylaxis: Anaphylaxis is a life-threatening extreme allergic reaction to some allergen. The underlying cause is an allergy to some substance
... More on Anaphylaxis »
- Dermatitis: Dermatitis is a general medical term referring to any inflammation of the skin. Diagnosis and treatment usually requires a more
... More on Dermatitis »
- Seborrheic dermatitis: Seborrheic dermatitis, commonly known as “dandruff”, is a skin inflammation (dermatitis) that results in various skin symptoms, including the characteristic
... More on Seborrheic dermatitis »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Erythema:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.