Eye discharge is an unusual discharge from the eye. This differs from everyday “watery eyes”, “sleep” in the eye, and tearing. The most likely cause is some type of conjunctivitis, but there are many other possible causes.
... More »
Causes of eye discharge include:
- Normal daily eye discharge. Waking with a small amount of discharge in the eyes is ...
- Conjunctivitis: Conjunctivitis is an eye inflammation or infection, affecting the conjunctiva of the eye. The main types are viral conjunctivitis and
... More on Conjunctivitis »
- Eye Disorders: Eye disorders can involve vision disorders or physical problems with the eye. Eye disorders may also be called “Ophthalmic Disorders
... More on Eye Disorders »
- Blepharitis: Blepharitis is an eyelid inflammation. Symptoms include red eyelids, swollen eyelids, itchy eyelids (or a burning sensation), crusting eyelid rash
... More on Blepharitis »
- Sjogren’s Syndrome: Sjogren’s Syndrome (dry eye syndrome) is an autoimmune disease causing lack of saliva (dry mouth) and dry eyes. Autoimmune diseases
... More on Sjogren’s Syndrome »
- Trachoma: Trachoma is a bacterial eye infection, also known as sandy blight. The infection usually affects the cornea and the conjunctiva
... More on Trachoma »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Eye discharge:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.