Fainting is a sudden and brief loss of consciousness. A person who faints may appear dizzy, slump to the floor, fall, or “swoon”. Fainting can indicate serious disease (e.g. low blood pressure, anemia, stroke, TIA, low blood sugars, carotid
... More »
Simple Causes: There are a number of simple and everyday causes of a faint.
- Standing for long periods of time ...
Similar SymptomsMore Similar Symptoms »
- Falls: Falls are a type of accidental injury from falling over. They are more common and more serious in the elderly
... More on Falls »
- Anemia: Anemia is the disease of low red blood cells which reduces the amount of oxygen pumped around the body. Symptoms
... More on Anemia »
- Stroke: A stroke is a brain event that is a medical emergency. If you are concerned that you or someone with
... More on Stroke »
- Transient Ischemic Attack: Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA), also called a mini-stroke, occurs where a person has all the symptoms of a stroke
... More on Transient Ischemic Attack »
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy is the condition of a woman having a fetus from conception through to childbirth. The general topic of conception
... More on Pregnancy »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Fainting:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.