Gait Symptoms Overview
Gait abnormality or gait symptoms refers to a difficulty with walking. The style or method of walking is abnormal. There are a number of different typical types of gait abnormalities, and there are various causes of these symptoms. Causes may include injury, nerve disorders, brain disorders, balance disorders, spinal disorders, and other causes.
• • •
Back to: « Gait Symptoms
- Injury: Injury, also called “trauma” in medical terms, refers to the physical injury to a body part or organ. There are
... More on Injury »
- Nerve Disorders: Nerve disorders may affect movement or sensations. Nerves are part of the nervous system, including the spinal cord and central
... More on Nerve Disorders »
- Brain Disorders: A variety of brain disorders can occur, and many are very serious such as stroke or brain tumor. Any type
... More on Brain Disorders »
- Stroke: A stroke is a brain event that is a medical emergency. If you are concerned that you or someone with
... More on Stroke »
- Drug Intoxication: Drug intoxication refers to the state of exhibiting physical, mental, or behavioural changes resulting from having taken a drug, medication
... More on Drug Intoxication »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.