Hand pain is most likely to result from some kind of physical injury to the hand. A fall onto an outstretched hand is a common example. However, other types of disease can also occur and cause hand pain. If the
... More »
The most obvious cause of hand pain is some injury to the hand. Some possible causes may include:
- Hand sprain ...
Where exactly is the pain in the hand?
- Palm pain
- Finger pain
- Thumb pain
- Knuckle pain
- Back of hand pain ...
- Injury: Injury, also called “trauma” in medical terms, refers to the physical injury to a body part or organ. There are
... More on Injury »
- Falls: Falls are a type of accidental injury from falling over. They are more common and more serious in the elderly
... More on Falls »
- Nerve Disorders: Nerve disorders may affect movement or sensations. Nerves are part of the nervous system, including the spinal cord and central
... More on Nerve Disorders »
- Diabetic Neuropathy: Diabetic Neuropathy is nerve damage or nerve inflammation (neuropathy) from diabetes. The high blood sugars in diabetes damage nerve cells
... More on Diabetic Neuropathy »
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy is the condition of a woman having a fetus from conception through to childbirth. The general topic of conception
... More on Pregnancy »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Hand Pain:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.