Heavy menstrual periods
Menstrual periods that are heavy or abnormally long are called menorrhagia. There are various different causes of menorrhagia. Other related symptoms are metrorrhagia and menstrual irregularity. Causes of menorrhagia include emotional stress, fibroids, endometriosis, and various other causes. One commonly
... More »
Causes of menorrhagia include:
- Normal periods. Some women have heavier or longer periods without having a disorder.
- Emotional stress
- Pregnancy ...
- Stress: Stress is the general condition of emotional or physical stress. This condition can have real physical effects on the body
... More on Stress »
- Uterine Fibroids: Uterine fibroids are benign tumors in the wall of the uterus in women. Fibroids are very common, usually occurring after
... More on Uterine Fibroids »
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis is abnormal growth of fragments of the endometrial lining of the uterus in women. These endometrial fragments grow in
... More on Endometriosis »
- Von Willebrandís Disease: Von Willebrandís Disease is a bleeding disorder that is often undiagnosed. It is believed that as many as a
... More on Von Willebrandís Disease »
- Bleeding Disorders: Bleeding disorders are those where there is abnormal or excessive bleeding. It also includes disorders with poor clotting and the
... More on Bleeding Disorders »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Heavy menstrual periods:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.