Hyperpigmentation means an excess of skin pigment in the skin. This is the dark coloring substance called melanin. Hyperpigmentation results in very dark skin areas, up to the point of skin blackness.
The simplest type of hyperpigmentation occurs in freckles
... More »
Simple Causes: Simple everyday causes of hyperpigmentation include:
- Tanning (sun tans; artificial tanning salons; laser skin therapy)
- Excessive ...
- Melanoma: Melanoma, also called Malignant Melanoma, is a skin cancer that is serious and aggressive. Other less serious types of skin cancer
... More on Melanoma »
- Skin Disorders: There are many types of skin disorders. Simple, everyday skin disorders include rashes, blisters, pimples, birthmarks, and so on. More
... More on Skin Disorders »
- Skin Cancer: Skin cancer is a very common form of cancer, but usually one with a good prognosis. Types include basal cell
... More on Skin Cancer »
- Melasma: Melasma, or “chloasma faceiei”, is a skin darkening condition in response to sunlight and is related to female reproductive hormones
... More on Melasma »
- Chloasma: Chloasma refers to brown skin discoloration marks that appear on women, usually on the face or neck. The marks are
... More on Chloasma »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Hyperpigmentation:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.