Male Breast Enlargement
Male breast enlargement, called gynecomastia, is a reasonably common symptom, especially in puberty. Obesity in males often causes breast enlargement but this is due to fat deposition rather than true gynecomastia (which is mammary gland enlargement). There are various other
... More »
Simple causes of male breast enlargement (gynecomastia) include:
- Puberty. Hormonal fluctuations cause the symptom, usually temporarily.
- Breast inflammation (mastitis). Although ...
- Gynecomastia: Gynecomastia, also called male breast enlargement, is abnormal enlargement of breast tissue in men. Symptoms include enlarged male breasts, breast
... More on Gynecomastia »
- Puberty: Puberty is the physical transition from childhood into adulthood. It brings about numerous physical changes in the bodies of boys
... More on Puberty »
- Obesity: Obesity is an excess of body weight due to fatty tissue. Milder forms are called “overweight”. See also the symptom
... More on Obesity »
- Mastitis: Mastitis is an inflammation of one or both breasts, usually due to a bacterial infection. It occurs most commonly in
... More on Mastitis »
- Breast abscess: A breast abscess (or nipple abscess) is a breast lump that is formed by a collection of pus, which is
... More on Breast abscess »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Male Breast Enlargement:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.