Mental Health Symptoms Overview
Mental health symptoms are symptoms of the mind, as opposed to “physical symptoms” which are symptoms of the body. A number of mental health symptoms have causes that are Mental Health Disorders, but also have causes that are physical diseases. In the area of neurological symptoms and psychiatric disorders, there is some overlap, as disorders of body systems can affect the mind.
• • •
Back to: « Mental Health Symptoms
- Mental Health Disorders: Mental health disorders is a general category that includes people’s mental health and related behaviour. Major categories include Psychiatric Disorders
... More on Mental Health Disorders »
- Psychiatric Disorders: Psychiatric disorders are mental health disorders that tend to be quite severe. They are usually more severe than the category
... More on Psychiatric Disorders »
- Stress: Stress is the general condition of emotional or physical stress. This condition can have real physical effects on the body
... More on Stress »
- Behavioral Disorders: Behavioral Disorders are mental health disorders that result in aberrant behavior. This may include many different types of inappropriate behavior
... More on Behavioral Disorders »
- Eating Disorders: Eating disorders are mental health disorders related to food and eating. Well-known examples include Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa
... More on Eating Disorders »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.