Neck pain generally refers to pain affecting the external structures of the neck and spine, and the muscular and skin of the neck. The neck region is medically referred to by the term “cervical” (unrelated to the female “cervix”).
... More »
Traumatic Injury: Various different types of injury that may cause neck pain include:
- Neck injury
- Neck muscle injury
- Whiplash (Cervical ...
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a common type of neck injury in car accidents. It occurs when the neck is suddenly forced forwards
... More on Whiplash »
- Migraine: Migraine refers to a chronic headache condition, which usually recurs over time. Migraines vary with people, ranging from a headache
... More on Migraine »
- Esophagus Disorders: Esophagus disorders are disorders affecting the esophagus, which is the tube from the back of the throat down into the
... More on Esophagus Disorders »
- Medical Emergency Conditions: A medical emergency requires immediate professional medical care, with the calling of ambulance or other emergency services. Emergency first aid
... More on Medical Emergency Conditions »
- Injury: Injury, also called “trauma” in medical terms, refers to the physical injury to a body part or organ. There are
... More on Injury »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Neck pain:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.