Nosebleed, also called epistaxis, has a variety of causes ranging from simple explanations to serious diseases. Although simple nosebleeds are usually harmless and self-limiting, a severe nosebleed can actually be life-threatening from blood loss. A nosebleed may be
... More »
Simple causes of nosebleed (epistaxis) include:
- Normal child. Occasional nosebleeds are not uncommon, especially in children.
- Excessive nose picking
- Nasal infection ...
- Leukemia: Leukemia is a cancer of the bone marrow tissues that produce white blood cells. Too many white blood cells are
... More on Leukemia »
- Kidney Disorders: Kidney disorders, or renal disorders, refers to any of the group of diseases that affect the kidneys. Acute kidney conditions
... More on Kidney Disorders »
- Liver Disorders: The liver is a large organ that can have various disorders. Infection or inflammation of the liver is called hepatitis
... More on Liver Disorders »
- Bleeding Disorders: Bleeding disorders are those where there is abnormal or excessive bleeding. It also includes disorders with poor clotting and the
... More on Bleeding Disorders »
- Common Cold: The common cold refers to any number of viral infections of the nose and throat. Typical symptoms are all too
... More on Common Cold »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Nosebleed:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.