Nystagmus is a particular type of involuntary movement of the eyeballs giving the appearance of “shaky eyes”, “rolling eyes”, or similar abnormal eye movements. The eyes may move vertically, horizontally, around in circles, or other types of motion.
... More »
Causes of nystagmus include:
- Normal. It is possible to trigger nystagmus in a normal person in various ways, and this ...
- Eye Disorders: Eye disorders can involve vision disorders or physical problems with the eye. Eye disorders may also be called “Ophthalmic Disorders
... More on Eye Disorders »
- Brain Disorders: A variety of brain disorders can occur, and many are very serious such as stroke or brain tumor. Any type
... More on Brain Disorders »
- Astigmatism: Astigmatism is an eye disorder where there is irregular differences in the field of vision. The disorder is similar to
... More on Astigmatism »
- Ear Disorders: Ear disorders are disorders of the physical ear, and may also include hearing disorders and balance disorders. Ear disorders may
... More on Ear Disorders »
- Vertigo: Vertigo is the sensation that the room is spinning and of being out of balance. It is a more severe
... More on Vertigo »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Nystagmus:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.