Pupil dilation is part of a normal eye’s response to changes in light, but abnormally dilated pupils (mydriasis) can be caused by a variety of medical disorders. Severity of the causes of mydriasis ranges from minor to life-threatening
... More »
Pupil dilation (mydriasis) can be caused by:
- Normal. Dilation of the pupils related to light levels is normal.
- Emotional stress ...
- Mydriasis: Mydriasis refers to dilation of the eye’s pupil. Pupil dilation is the normal eye response to low levels of
... More on Mydriasis »
- Stroke: A stroke is a brain event that is a medical emergency. If you are concerned that you or someone with
... More on Stroke »
- Head injury: Head injury involves any type of injury to the head and/or brain. Any injury to the head or brain
... More on Head injury »
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is a serious eye disorder where the eye’s internal pressure gets too high. There are two types: acute
... More on Glaucoma »
- Stress: Stress is the general condition of emotional or physical stress. This condition can have real physical effects on the body
... More on Stress »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Pupil Dilation:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.