Short stature refers to having a low height measurement for age. This is a form of delayed development in children. Causes of a shorter stature include kidney disease, congenital heart disease, endocrine disorders, and a number of genetic conditions
... More »
Causes of short stature include:
- Normal. Sometimes it is simply within the normal variation.
- Kidney disease (e.g. chronic renal insufficiency ...
- Kidney Disorders: Kidney disorders, or renal disorders, refers to any of the group of diseases that affect the kidneys. Acute kidney conditions
... More on Kidney Disorders »
- Endocrine Disorders: Endocrine disorders are those related to an endocrine gland, usually a hormone or similar substance produced by the body. They
... More on Endocrine Disorders »
- Normal Variation: Normal variation refers to the fact that people are all different, and some conditions may simply be within that range
... More on Normal Variation »
- Renal impairment: Renal impairment refers to an impaired (malfunctioning) kidney (renal). This could mean almost any type of kidney disorder ranging from
... More on Renal impairment »
- Abuse: Abuse is a general term for a variety of medical issues. It may indicate substance abuse, such as alcohol abuse
... More on Abuse »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Short Stature:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.