Difficulty sleeping or insomnia includes both difficulty in falling asleep and difficulty in staying asleep. Sometimes the cause of insomnia is simple lifestyle issues (e.g. jet lag, shift work, caffeine intake), emotional issues (e.g. anxiety, grief, etc.), or
... More »
Lifestyle Causes: Various simple causes of insomnia are possible:
- Excess caffeine in-take (e.g. coffee, sodas, caffeine stimulants).
- Over ...
Types of insomnia may include:
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Difficulty staying asleep
- Waking during the night
- Waking early
Other symptoms related
... More Types »
There are a variety of misdiagnosed disorders in relation to insomnia.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea. This is an insidious disease that ...
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) is a type of sleep-disordered breathing where a person ceases to breathe for short periods
... More on Obstructive Sleep Apnea »
- Restless Legs Syndrome: Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS) is a sleep disorder with unusual pains, sensations, and recurring movements of the legs. The main
... More on Restless Legs Syndrome »
- Sleep Disorders: Sleep Disorders can result in too little or too much sleep. Difficulty sleeping is called insomnia, and can be a
... More on Sleep Disorders »
- Mental Health Disorders: Mental health disorders is a general category that includes people’s mental health and related behaviour. Major categories include Psychiatric Disorders
... More on Mental Health Disorders »
- Depression: Depression occurs when someone has feelings such as sadness, unhappiness or misery for an extended period of time. Most people
... More on Depression »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Sleeping Difficulty:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.