Misdiagnosis of Sleeping Difficulty
There are a variety of misdiagnosed disorders in relation to insomnia.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea. This is an insidious disease that is very difficult to detect and diagnose. It has many very serious life-threatening complications if it remains undiagnosed and untreated.
- Restless Legs Syndrome. This unusual disorder may not be recognized as a disorder by the patient and the symptoms may be tolerated.
- Sleep Disorders. Various other less common types of sleep disorders may have a difficult diagnosis.
Causes of sleepiness-like symptoms such as inattention:
- ADHD. The inattention and poor alertness in some types of ADHD may seem like sleepiness.
- Epilepsy. Certain forms of epilepsy may cause inattention (e.g. “absence seizures”).
• • •
Back to: « Sleeping Difficulty
Related Misdiagnosis Articles
- Depression Misdiagnosis
- Infant Colic Misdiagnosis
- Diabetes Misdiagnosis
- Asthma Misdiagnosis
- Psychiatric Disorders Misdiagnosis
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.