Sore throat Overview
Sore throat or throat pain is caused by various infections and disorders. Example causes include cough (with a myriad possible causes), pharyngitis, laryngitis, strep throat, throat infections, throat ulcers, throat injuries, and other causes.
• • •
Back to: « Sore throat
- Pharyngitis: Pharyngitis is a throat inflammation, typically causing a sore throat. It is often related to Tonsillitis. The cause of pharyngitis
... More on Pharyngitis »
- Alcoholism: Alcoholism is the abuse of alcohol due to a chronic addiction to alcohol. Drinking a few drinks to cope with
... More on Alcoholism »
- Common Cold: The common cold refers to any number of viral infections of the nose and throat. Typical symptoms are all too
... More on Common Cold »
- Flu: Flu, also called influenza, is a viral infection of the upper airways. It is usually more severe than the common cold
... More on Flu »
- Bronchitis: Bronchitis is the inflammation of the airways leading to the lungs, called the “bronchi”. The term “bronchitis” is usually used
... More on Bronchitis »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.