Stool Color Symptoms
The stool may have a variety of different colors normally, but there are also many causes of abnormality. Generally, the types are lighter color stool and darker color stool.
Dark Stool: Red stool, red-purple stool, or darker stool may
... More »
Types of stool color changes include:
Darker Colors: Particular colors of stool include:
- Red stool (e ...
- Biliary Disorders: Biliary Disorders related to the production of bile by the liver and related organs including the gall bladder. Common biliary
... More on Biliary Disorders »
- Liver Disorders: The liver is a large organ that can have various disorders. Infection or inflammation of the liver is called hepatitis
... More on Liver Disorders »
- Pancreas Disorders: Pancreas disorders, or pancreatic disorders, are those affecting the pancreas, which is an organ in the abdomen. Examples include Pancreatitis
... More on Pancreas Disorders »
- Dark stool: Dark colored stool may simply be normal variation in stool color, or may indicate a disorder. Dark stool is typically
... More on Dark stool »
- Rectal Bleeding: Rectal bleeding, or hematochezia, may indicate an anorectal disorder or some type of gastrointestinal bleeding. Other symptoms that are almost
... More on Rectal Bleeding »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Stool Color Symptoms:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.