Stridor is a type of noisy breathing. The immediate cause for concern is possible airway obstruction such as a foreign body in the throat (i.e. choking). However, there are various other causes.
... More »
- Airway obstruction (choking; foreign body aspiration)
- Airway injury
- Fume inhalation ...
- Foreign body: A “foreign body” in medicine refers to a piece of something artificial that is “foreign” to the body. It might
... More on Foreign body »
- Asthma: Asthma is a chronic lung disease that involves inflammation and narrowing of the airways. This results in symptoms such as
... More on Asthma »
- Bronchospasm: Bronchospasm is a muscular spasm of the bronchioles in the lungs, causing breathing difficulty. Causes of bronchospasm include asthma (asthma attack)
... More on Bronchospasm »
- Croup: Croup is an inflammation of the airways, usually caused by a viral infection. The hallmark symptom of croup is a
... More on Croup »
- Diphtheria: Diphtheria is a bacterial respiratory and throat infection that is now uncommon due to vaccination. Diphtheria is a nasty infection
... More on Diphtheria »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Stridor:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.