Causes of Urinary system symptoms
It is difficult to give an indication as to likely causes of such a broad symptom category. More specific identification of the types of urinary symptoms is needed.
Nevertheless, some of the possible causes of various types of urinary symptoms include:
- Urinary tract infection
- Bladder disorders (e.g. bladder infection, interstitial cystitis, bladder stones)
- Kidney disorders (e.g. kidney infection, kidney inflammation, kidney failure, kidney stones)
- Ureter disorders
- Urinary incontinence
- Diabetes (e.g. causes increased urination, urinary frequency, usually also with thirst)
- Diabetes insipidus
- Prostate disorders (e.g. enlarged prostate, BPH, prostate cancer)
- Urinary system bleeding
- Certain foods (e.g. asparagus may cause cloudy or smelly urine hours later or the next day)
This list of causes is mainly by way of example of the diversity of possible disorders, both harmless and serious. There are many other possible causes.
• • •
Back to: « Urinary system symptoms
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.