Urine Substances Overview
Urine substances refers to the urinary fluid containing some abnormal substance. Common types are blood in urine (hematuria), protein in urine (proteinuria), pus in urine (pyuria), and other types. Associated symptoms may include urine color changes, urine odor, dark urine, cloudy urine, and other urine symptoms. Causes vary somewhat according to the specific type of symptom, but are often caused by a urinary disorder (e.g. urinary tract infection) or a kidney disorder (e.g. kidney infection, kidney stone, kidney disease).
• • •
Back to: « Urine Substances
- Pyuria: Pyuria is the name for pus in the urine. The cause is usually some type of bacterial urinary tract infection
... More on Pyuria »
- Urinary Tract Infection: Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) is a general term for various infections of the organs of the urinary system. This may
... More on Urinary Tract Infection »
- Kidney Disorders: Kidney disorders, or renal disorders, refers to any of the group of diseases that affect the kidneys. Acute kidney conditions
... More on Kidney Disorders »
- Kidney Stones: Kidney stones are hard stones (calculi) that are deposited inside one or both kidneys. They are a type of urinary stone
... More on Kidney Stones »
- Diabetes: Diabetes is a metabolic disease where the body loses the ability to properly process sugars (glucose). The full medical name
... More on Diabetes »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.