Weight Loss: Similar Symptoms
To be precise, it is important to correctly describe the symptom. Weight loss is usually well understood, but there are still a few symptoms that may be a more precise description of the symptom:
- Unexplained weight loss
- Sudden weight loss
- Poor growth. Rather than actually having lost weight in absolute terms, a child’s poor growth can be a disorder.
- Poor fetal growth. Inadequate gain of weight during pregnancy can be a disorder.
- Dehydration. Have you lost weight, or have you lost body fluid and are now dehydrated?
- Loss of muscle tone. Is the weight loss due to loss of muscle tissue?
- Fatty tissue loss
- Loss of appetite. Weight loss can be caused by appetite changes.
Similar Symptoms: See also causes of similar symptoms:
- Poor appetite
- Dramatic weight loss
- Poor growth
- Delayed weight gain
• • •
Back to: « Weight Loss
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.